Tuesday, January 26, 2016

At home gel nails for CHEEP. And some other recent favorites for under $10

I love a good manicure. When I was single,living at home and working a decent job...I got manicures fairly regularly. Life changes,now I'm married and that's just not in the budget currently. When I did get manicures.I really liked splurging for gel because they lasted substantially longer. A few days before my wedding I got a gel mani and it looked flawless for a good two weeks, last through our honeymoon. Since then I've been on the hunt for a good at home gel manicure kit. The light systems aren't always cheep so I started out with just a two step polish hunt. I tested some products sent to me that were gel and also bought a few different kinds at target.

My overall absolute favorite is Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Duo. It's around $15 for the kit but once you buy the kit, you can use the gel topcoat with any other color in the line. My box came with a $2 off coupon inside..and it was on clearance at target for $7. STEAL OF A DEAL.
This one doesn't need a special light....so no further investment than the polish.



Day 5







On the same topic of nails I spotted these at DOLLAR TREE (take your jaw off the floor please).
The exact same product sells for $10.25 at Walgreens!
I will warn you, they're not at every Dollar Tree. I found the above at a hugeee Dollar Tree in Tennessee but locally at the newer and bigger stores they do typically have a small selection. 

Moving from nails to face..

The Maybelline Fit Me line is just a hidden gem... buy it at Walmart for the best deal.
Walmart tends to have it for just under $6 and the concealer priced about the same.
It has replaced my Mac foundation. That how much I am in love with it.
The concealer comes in a wide variety of shades and works great for contouring as well.
I have not heard a single negative review about this foundation....and I've watched alot of YouTubers review it. And I mean a lot.
Side note: I've heard if you have an older bottle it can start to do some weird things color wise. I've had mine for a bit now and I am starting to noticing some orange-ing as the day goes on. For under $6 a bottle I don't mind replacing it, and foundation shouldn't be kept forever anyways. So if that does happen to you, you're not the only one.

While I was on the hunt for the new Maybelline Dream Velvet foundation I found THIS crazy clearance at Target... Maybe Dream Velvet is replacing it??
I really hope not because I am loving this!! 
The weird wand applicator means you don't use to much at one time.
When you swatch it in the store it looks crazy dark..like hello, there is no way I'm lighter than #40 Nude. But after application and blending it was impressively close to my natural color. Even got the husband seal of approval for color match!! 

The same day I was browsing for something new and exciting I picked up this palate after hearing surprising good reviews.
The packaging feels like more than $3

I've been using this for a good two weeks and you can't even tell. So this is gonna last me a very long time. ELF can be a super win or a super disappointment. This was a $3 SUPER win. Contouring is a new and scary thing to me but I am easing into it with this super simple palate.

In case you were wondering,I am still keeping up with the "anti cleanser" challenge!
I've had ZERO breakouts and my husband said my face has never looked better!
Still working on finding a make up remover wipe I really love...so coconut oil is doing the job until then. And just maybe,It will stay that way.

~Emily~



No comments:

Post a Comment