Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Starting off October on a good foot....

Last week I decided to ask Leana over at Miles for Family about the IHG® Rewards Club Select Credit Card..... long story short. Applied and got it thanks to my excellent credit. (Thanks Mom...and the bank that gave me a credit card at 16.) With some upcoming medical bills on our plate I decided I should take advantage of some sort of sign on bonus that required a minimum spending amount we wouldn't typically meet. Behold, the winning card!



Thanks to the advice of my fellow blogger buddy, I emailed them once I got the card and asked for the additional 20k miles some people had gotten when they applied. Less than 24 hours later I received an email from Chase pretty much saying "Sure! Why not!". 

80,000 points!!!! And an additional free night each year you have the card. 
Between this and our left over miles from Alaska,this might just make an International Convention plausible next year. 


On a smaller victory note.....

Own a Tervis? 
Yeah I love mine too. 
Even though my 16oz cup successfully survived falling off the roof of the card while it was going down a main road, I decided to send it in for a replacement under their "Made For Life" guarantee program. Why? Coffee stains. Yup. That is covered.



Additionally, my 24oz Tervis water bottle had some strange cracks on the inside.... also covered under the program. AND so is the lid! Only on the water bottles,but the seal on mine is disgusting and doesn't work well anymore....so I sent that in too! A total of $7 to ship all of it to their replacement center here in Florida. Considering the price of buying a new one,I can handle $7. I've heard that if you bought it at Bed Bath and Beyond, they will replace it there for you. Which isn't surprising considering their history with no questions asked returns.

Sadly one of mine was not from there, but I would probably spend $7 in gas since Bed Bath and Beyond is so far away. I was also able to pick a new design for both my cups! How cool is that?! 
Hopefully I get my new cups in a reasonable amount of time...I miss them!


This weather is amazing right?





No comments:

Post a Comment