Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Why I didn't wash my face for 30 days. And what happened.

I know your first reaction. Ew.

And I totally understand. And this method may not work for everyone. We're led to believe we need to use a million different things on our skin morning and night and that if we don't our skin will look horrible by the age of 35.
 Before you read this post, feel free to read this post ....the inspiration.
http://www.yowzalicious.com/2013/07/why-and-how-i-never-wash-my-face.html?m=1

I came across that article and thought "You know what....those are excellent points. I should try that."
And so I did.
I took this article,like everyone other article, with a grain of salt. But I liked what happened to my skin regardless.

Sadly I didn't take any before pictures, but my main skin concerns were as follows. Redness,dark spots,under eye circles,blackheads, and huge pores.

My routine consisted of a warm wet washcloth (usually in the shower), in circular motions all over my face for about 2 minutes. I did this twice a day. You could use a Clarisonic if you're fancy enough to own one. 
Days I wore makeup I used these before I did my washcloth routine  http://www.dickinsonsusa.com/skin-care-products/refreshingly-clean-cloths/

They are paraben,acid,soap and fragrance free. And they remove makeup just as well as any other wipe.





I saw these at Kmart with a 100% mail in rebate attached. So pretty much a free chance to try them.



For moisturizer and the OCCASIONAL toner I used these two products.




























Did I say I went completely product free? Nope. But I did carefully select the products I would be using for the 30 days.

(This is a referral link for the toner recommended  by http://thriftthick.blogspot.com/
https://goo.gl/Zls5Xx  you get $10 off your first order!!)

The toner I only used a few times and the cream I used every few days. This toner I really really like... a little goes a long way and I feel like this bottle will last me forever. 
 In addition I also used coconut oil as a moisturizer near the end of the 30 days. And also as a makeup remover for stubborn eye makeup.
During the 30 days I did see a few small breakouts...maybe it was a way of my skin cleansing itself out? I have no idea. But it seemed reasonable to me. At the end I did notice a difference... the coconut oil did wonders for the redness and my pores are completely different! My foundation goes on smoother! My face (Italian skin...thanks mom)isn't near as oily at the end of the day!
No more dark circles!
No forehead pimples,
and I have bangs and oily hair.
(What you see is freckles)

Redness around my nose is almost completely gone. And
so are the dry patches I've had for years.

My verdict? I think every once in a while I'll use a light cleanser.... maybe after a long day of heavy makeup. But overall...I do not plan on going back to a routine of using any cleanser everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment