Wednesday, November 4, 2015

IHG is my new best friend.

Well more specifically their PointBreaks promotion is.

If you're not familiar with it, it is a list of specific hotels available in specific time period for only 5,000 point per night. Hotels in this particular chain run around 30,000 points per night on average from what I was looking for. So yes, 5,000 is a steal! 
From completing our sign on bonus with the Chase IHG credit card (hospital bills put to good use)we received 60,000 points followed by an additional 20,000 just for asking nicely for them.
(Reps from Chase and IHG told me 30 days- 8 weeks for my points to post....mine posted in less than a week. Don't get your hopes up.)

Thanks to the amazing timing, the PointBreaks list was still fresh off the press. 
Fancy resort in Egypt? 5,000 points a night.
Sadly Egypt isn't exactly on my bucket travel list.
Anyways,moving on. 
For a mere 15,000 points we booked ourselves a nice weekend in Knoxville.
Did I mention the automatic Platinum Elite status with IHG Rewards club?
* Insert emoji with hearts for eyes *
High probability of an upgrade to a suite? YES PLEASE.
Priority check-in and extended check-out? YES AND YES.

We have friends coming on this trip with us,they're waiting for their points to post. Worst case scenario,rooms are full. But its okay, our room has two queen size beds and with the suite upgrade, it will either have a king bed and a sofa bed or two queen beds and a sofa bed. More than enough room for 4 people for a weekend in my opinion. 
I should know, we shared similar suites with my parents in Holiday Inn's around Alaska.

On a a kind of related note, the Best Western in Seward Alaska was one of my favorite places. Balcony rooms in a Best Western?! I did not expect that.
A great view for not being right ON the water.



Take me back to Alaska....

1 comment:

  1. I actually saw your post and went ahead and booked my BIL's say. Done!

    ReplyDelete