Sunday, June 5, 2016

Continuing cleanser cleanse, and some alternative options.



Back in November I decided to challenge myself to 30 days of no harsh cleansers on my face.  Those 30 days have turned into 7 months. That’s right…. Nothing besides what I’m about to talk about has been used to wash my face.


During this time I did not stop using makeup. Yet I DID see a major improvement in my skin. I clearly have to use something to remove my makeup, and being the lazy person I am, I opted for wipes. I went through a few different brands and did like these
LINK

With a good coupon I think they’re an excellent option.

For slightly less (Walgreens and Ulta for price references) I discovered these fantastic wipes





Of course they use coconut milk and anything related to coconuts I’m in love with.

And that’s a segway to my next discovery.

I was already using coconut oil (make sure it’s not the cheap stuff, that will clog your pores.) to remove any extra makeup left over after using wipes. So I thought, there is surely a way to use this for my entire face. And that is when I discovered coconut oil scrub recipes on Pinterest. There is about a million and I would to tell you I have made them all….but I have not. So far I’m loving a simple mix of coconut oil and sugar.




Here is a link to my board on Pinterest with some recipes to get you started.




The need for a “soap product” still existed in my life, and I instantly knew what route to take. Our local (I use that word loosely as we live in the middle of nowhere) flea market has a fantastic lady that makes her own soaps with a base of palm, olive or coconut oil.
Her Facebook link

We already had a habit of buying her bar soaps so I decided to use that (in conjunction with the scrub I made) for my face since I knew the exact ingredients and process.

I have seen a major difference in my face since I started this process.



I have gone into Sephora in recent months, not wearing any makeup and received compliments on my skin. I’d say that is a major success.











No comments:

Post a Comment